I've been buying Obsidium Ore whenever I see it below 50g a stack - this last few days it's been as low as 29-35g a stack so I currently have a mailbox full of it to deal with! I have been using the now-famous spreadsheet which Zoxy explains really well in his post but my PC is pretty old & slow & I find tabbing in & out of game to be evermore frustrating so I've kinda gone with my gut feelings & my trusty calculator. It doesn't help that prices on my server are so stupidly low that the only real way of making any gold at the moment is enchanting materials from disenchanting jewellery - monotonous & time consumimg.
I'm going to try to stick to a routine for a few days & see how it goes. This is my provisional routine which I will adapt as necessary.
- Log in to banker(s),
- collect post
- squee with glee/cry over lack of gold
- relist any returned items
- list any new stuff sent from alts
- run auctioneer fast scan (time for a coffee & smoke anyways!)
- run snatch search, buy if needed
- check prices of all raw Cataclysm gems & herbs (for possible transmutes)
- fill in spreadsheet
- log in to JC alt, do JC daily
- if JC daily is jasper/nightstone or zephyrite, list gems on AH in 1's & 3's & hopefully at higher price than yesterday
- check enchanting mats stock, decide whether to prospect/craft/disench more stuff
- use spreadsheet to decide if metagem transmute is sensible, send mats to alchemist
- Log in to Alchemist alt, do daily transmute volatile life > air, send to enchanter alt
- Do metagem transmutes if viable
- Log in to Enchanter alt, check price of Enchant Weapon - Hurricane (currently the only scroll worth selling on my server) & make a couple if price is good.
- Last but not least - WALK AWAY NOW & go do some actual playing!
photos © Arty Allsorts 2008, used with permission