Saturday 21 September 2013

Saturday Celebrations! - A New Gold Making Community Idea


Following on from the amazing response I had to my 20 Days of Gold Making back in January, I've had another brainwave! A long while ago, when I was first starting out in making gold, I regularly used to read the milestone interviews over at Warcraft Econ website and they were often my inspiration. I longed to join the Millionaires Club so I put off writing my 500k interview. Then when I finally did hit my million, a computer hiccup meant I lost all my sales data so I never actually got around to writing my Interview! Sadly, it's no longer there and whilst we can all shout out on Twitter, Reddit or our own blogs etc about our successes, I thought it might be nice to have them all in one place again.

So, the idea here is to collect a whole bunch of interviews with Goldmakers as they reach their milestones. I don't want to restrict it to gold capped or millionaires - any milestone amount will qualify you for a spot here starting at 100,000 gold.

If you'd like to send in your story, you can email me at auctionhouseaddict at gmail dot com and put 'Milestone Interview' as the subject. I'd suggest the following questions to get your thoughts in order or you can use the 20 days of gold making questions as the basis for your interview.

  • what is your milestone amount?
  • what got you started making gold and when?
  • which markets have you concentrated on, if any?
  • biggest successes or biggest failures
  • advice for new goldmakers
  • shout outs for any blogs, podcasts or streams that helped you along the way
  • what's your new goal, if any? 
I plan to post an Interview about once a week, probably on a Saturday (if I get enough responses, of course) and the links will be listed here in date order so we'll always have an easy way to find them.

You don't need your own blog for this - in fact, most bloggers post their milestones on their own blogs so this is more for those of you out there, making gold with nowhere to celebrate your successes! If you do have your own blog, send in an Interview anyway - it's a great way to improve your visibility! Lets all celebrate together - beers are on the house!

****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!



Image © Slalit under Creative Commons licence

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea Nev. Thanks for providing those of us without a public forum a place to celebrate our gold making successes and share our experiences with others. I'll be sending you my story this evening. I look forward to reading the weekly interviews you post. I enjoy making gold and free beer! = )

    Zen - Galakrond-US

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(