Sunday 10 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - Day 14 How Much Time?


We're well over half way through my 20 Days of Gold Making now, some of the participants have almost finished and some are just getting started. I'm really enjoying reading all the posts, it amazes me how many different ways there are of doing almost the same thing!

So my question for day 14 is "How much of your playtime is devoted to gold making? Do you raid/pvp/pet battle too or is the AH your main playtime?"

If I had answered this during 2011 and the early part of Cataclysm, I'd have said that about 85-90% of my playtime was Auction House related. I was shuffling ore for enchanting materials, gems & transmutes, milling herbs almost everyday for my glyph markets & even farming materials for some of my crafted items. When I wasn't shuffling, milling, crafting or farming, I'd probably be found in the Auction House making notes, looking for bargains & generally absorbing as much price data as I could.

By this time last year though, I'd stopped playing completely and not just the Auction House but the whole game. I resubbed around April/May time when the Scroll of Resurrection brought me a new level 80 on my US account & I went straight back to dabbling in the Auction House.

Currently I am still spending much of my time in the Auction House but nowhere near as much time as before. I used to log in in the morning and still be there late at night. Now I have a few more Real Life things on my plate, I tend to log in briefly during the morning to relist any expired auctions but then I don't log again until mid to late evening.

I can see the difference in my gold making too - these days I'm much more of a dabbler here & there. Gone are the days of canceling/relisting 3-5 times a day and to be honest, my daily totals show that. But I'm enjoying the game again, playing, leveling and even a few pet battles here & there so the money doesn't worry me too much now. I think once I get my all girls upto 90 ( 4 to go) then yes, I may very well dive back into gold making on a more serious level. I still find heroics a bit daunting & stressful & don't even want to think about raiding with strangers!


****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!


Image © TheGiantVermin under Creative Commons licence

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly where I am at, and like you, the bottom line shows for it. The important thing is that you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(