Saturday 25 January 2014

Saturday Celebrations - Goldtauna, US


This week we welcome an interview from a fellow blogger - Goldtauna. He is relatively new to gold blogging and gold making but he's doing well so far I think!

If you'd like to submit your own gold making Milestone Interview, instructions & more details are on my Milestone Interviews page. Any milestone is suitable - whether it be 100k or 10 million, we want to hear about YOUR story. Don't be shy! You've seen what others are sending in over the last few months so come on - tell us how you've been doing it!

******************
Milestone amount?
200k this week! (Plus a Battle Bear that I am still trying to sell!) 
When did you start?
I started gold-making in October after finishing my first year of University 
Did you set a goal?
My goal initially was 20k. I really didn't set the bar high for myself 
First tips & tricks
Netherweave bags were a great initial start to my gold making. Buying the cloth at 10g a stack and selling bags at 30g 
When did you start a banker alt
I used to have a bank alt in Cata, just to send all my items to and stuff. But they got deleted a long time ago. Now I use Taunnie, my level 90 rogue who was previously unloved. She has no professions or anything yet! 
Best market over the years
I'm having a lot of fun in the transmog market, with alerts set up on my WoWuction of all the great deals. Another market I enjoy and made a lot from was the Fortune Card market.

Starting over - how?
Level Inscription and tailoring for bags and fortune cards. Once I build enough capital with these, start flipping again until I fall back into the same techniques I use now

Did you reach your goal? Set a new one?
I am well over my goal of 20k. I'm setting goal towards gold cap now, as most people do!

Favorite niche market
I would feel bad for not mentioning the Fortune Cards, but recently more into Battle Pets. These little guys are so fun to sell. 
Do you farm materials?
Nope, not unless I am really bored and have nothing to do. I used to farm my Netherweave when the prices went up a lot, and my girlfriend occasionally farms Herbs for me when she is bored. 
Lesser known gold making addons
Adibags, while not strictly a gold-making addon, is invaluable with it's bag set up. I really don't know what I would do without my bags sorted like that. 
Biggest oops!
Buying Shadowfang for 80k. While I flipped it for a lot more, I did it way too early in my gold-making career. It's also way too niche of an item for my liking and took a lot of work to sell. 
Biggest yay!
When I could easily buy my girlfriend a couple mounts she liked and not even think twice. Second would probably be winning a Darkmoon Rabbit on my second time going to the faire! Selling him off soon! 
How much playtime devoted to gold making?
At the moment, every minute because I'm bored of SoO. Just sitting around in Orgrimmar most of the time. 
Professions
Have one of every profession, with no double ups yet. Plan on levelling more in readiness for Draenor 
Flipping
Love it! Buying one item for 20g and selling it for 20k is just so fulfilling. 
Vendor pets & pet battles
I love selling pets. They are one of my favorite items, although sometimes I get a little too attached. 
Advice for a new gold maker
Read, read, read! There is so much information out there for people to look up! Between Consortium, Nev, PhatLewt and others, they have covered heaps of topics to get you started! 
Reward yourself for reaching goal?
Not myself, my girlfriend. I bought her a Sky Golem, which she adores as it 'flies so awesomely! And I can get you herbs quicker!' She is over the moon for it. 
Share the blog love - my 'must read' suggestions
Sorry if I miss anyone out:
- PhatLewt's Gold Blog
- Auction House Addict
- Consortium Forums
- WoWEconomy subreddit
- Any blog that shows up on The Undermine Journal basically
And of course, my blog at A Little Bird Gold Me (alittlebirdgoldme.blogspot.com)

******************
Looks like you're off to a great start Tauna - keep your brain in active mode and your eyes open for opportunities and I'm sure you'll be a Millionaire in no time! Good luck with your blogging too - I look forward to reading more from you soon.

****************
 Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!



Image © EpicFireworks under Creative Commons licence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(