Sunday 30 June 2013

Making Gold With Pet Battles


If, by any chance you read my other blog, She Rides Dragons, you'll know I've become slightly addicted to pet battling! Well, ever the good goldmaker, I've been looking at how I can profit from this new addiction of mine and with a little help from my friend @Socowow on Twitter, I've been looking at prices across various servers that I've dabbled on in the past.

When I was heavily into WoW and playing all the hours of a day, I often started an alt on a different server, just to play the Auction House from a different angle. There are 2 servers where I have a few thousand gold so I popped onto the Undermine Journal, hoping to compare prices directly. Unfortunately, TUJ doesn't have a direct comparison facility for pets as it does for other parts of the Auction House so I had to spend a little more time on it.

On one of the other servers (let's call it A), I had 8000 gold just sitting there and its Alliance population is about 2.5 times bigger than my main server. Prices in their Auction House are generally lower than my own and that includes battle pets so I went on a bit of a shopping spree! I did decide not to buy any level 25 pets though - I'm still in the early stages of my pet addiction and enjoy leveling them so I thought I'd get 8 level 1 rare quality pets for the price of 1 or 2 level 25's.

My thought process was to buy good but cheap pets and just flip them onto my main server but there were so many I didn't have, I got slightly sidetracked and decided to keep them! I'm now down to about 1200 gold there so this morning, I went on another buying spree but not pets this time. No, this time I was looking for deals to flip to increase my gold so I can buy more pets!

The other server where I already had about 3000 gold is another low Alliance population server and their prices are even higher than my main server. There was a much greater variation in prices though - level 25 pets were selling for anything from 5000 to 15000 gold, so I will be keeping an eye on that Auction House and snapping up deals when I find them.

On server A, level 25 battle pets sell for between 2000 - 5000 gold which is very cheap compared to my own server where level 25's typically are listed at 10000 gold or higher. The potential for nice big profits is definitely there but until I start selling off level 25 pets, I don't know how good the sales will be. Having said that though, like any 'slow' market, it will sell, eventually and a 5000 gold profit is not to be sneezed at, even if it does take a couple of weeks to sell.

Another factor in my slow start in this market is my own noobishness - I only have one level 25 pet so far and I haven't even thought about the Pet Battle PvP stuff yet. I can only look at rare quality pets for now and hope they are good ones for dedicated pet battlers. Once I have a better idea of which types & breeds are best for high level PvP, then I'll have a much better idea of what to flip.

Have you tried this market yet? Any tips or tricks you'd like to offer? If so, leave a comment to help this sad addict out ok? lol

****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!
Horde Gift Guide | Alliance Gift Guide

Image © snappED_up under Creative Commons licence

4 comments:

  1. This is one market that completely passed me by! Do you think there is an opportunity to transfer a lot of gold from realm to realm through battle-pets? Or is the market for battle-pets too small or slow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I really don't know yet - I think as always, it will depend on your server - the cheap server had a huge number of pets available compared to my own - is that a sign of lots of sales? I don't know. I'll keep you posted over the next week or two though :)

      Delete
  2. I missed this one too - Thanks Nev :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've transferred gold between realms this way, but not huge quantities. It's excellent for giving a single toon that initial boost and usually at a profit!

    I've also transformed soul-bound battle-stones into gold by picking up a pet that starts as uncommon, promote it to rare, and sell.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(