Thursday 31 January 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - Day 11 Addons

Addons - get it? lol
I do love my addons so when I wrote the questions for my 20 Days of Gold Making, I just had to ask about them! The Question for today is "Most of us use TSM, Auctionator and/or Auctioneer in combo with Postal - are there any other lesser known gold making addons you use?".

I used to use Auctioneer but it was broken by one of the patches last year and didn't get updated for a while so I switched to Auctionator. I also use Trade Skill Master (TSM) but not to its' full potential, I'm sure!

Other addons I use related to gold making are MySales & Auditor as well as RecipeProfit for Gathermate (although not so much these days).

MySales gives me a quick overview of what's sold in the last time period - you can set it for 7 days, 1 month or alltime & you can also set it per character or per server/faction. You can see a list of individual sales via your mailbox or you can go to the Items tab & it shows sales by item which you can sort in a couple of ways. There are only 2 commands to remember too /ms window opens the view below & /ms config opens the configuration/settings window - nice and easy to remember for my ageing brain cells!
MySales addon Items window
Auditor is just a little addon that lets me see a summary of in & out gold flow across various characters. I like it for seeing how much I've spent on repairs, materials etc & as a quick glance at my overall gold total for the server. It just adds a button to the edge of your minimap so it's unobtrusive & you don't need to remember any commands to open it!
Auditor addon example
Above, you can see an example of the top half of the Auditor window. I used it to keep track of my Paladin's earning whilst she leveled from 85 - 90, without any Auction House activity. The time frame can be changed between various time frames, including 'this session', 'today' & 'month' so sometimes if I'm on a farming run, I'll change it to 'session' - just to see how much that farming spree earned me.

The bottom half of the window isn't shown but it has a list of all your other characters on the same faction & server so you can check their balances/earnings without having to log them. I don't use that bit very much to be honest but it's there if you want it.

RecipeProfit for Gathermate is very useful when you are out & about in Azeroth. It adds vendor sold recipes/plans details etc to your minimap so you can easily find the vendor. With so much to do in Mists of Pandaria, it will be a while before I'm doing much lowbie stuff but when I do, I often stop by the vendors to grab a few of these recipes. An Outland recipe run in particular used to be very profitable although I haven't tried it in a long while now.

So those are my 3 extra gold making addons. I don't think any of them are totally necessary & TSM covers much of this data too. I just like the very simple, 'quick glance to get info' usefulness of them. I use the TSM Accounting module when I want to look at specific items sales/profits or drill down for much more detailed analysis or to see when I've messed up my sales price & made a loss on something! I've been lucky there though!


****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!


Image © Nattu under Creative Commons licence

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the auditor addon as well as recipeprofit! I've been doing my recipe runs based on memory and some times it ends up being more time consuming than it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used MySales ages ago, but it stopped working a while ago and I never gave it another try! I'll check it asap because I loved it:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - I hate to do this but so many spammers around these days :(